Find out about some of the projects that the Community Safety Partnership has been involved in to help make the borough a safer place.
What we do
- Commissioning of a Youth Provision Gap Analysis Report.
- Community Information Days (CIDs) on home safety, fire safety, personal safety.
- Introduced CCTV in locations around the borough, including Welwyn Garden City centre, King George's Fields (WGC), Hatfield town centre, Hilltop, Welham Green and Woodhall.
- Work with known offenders to minimise their impact in the community.
- Support Neighbourhood Watch, Business Watch and Senior Watch.
- Launched OffWatch to encourage joint working among off licences to share good practice.
- Introduced a 'Sanctuary' scheme for people in fear of domestic violence and run an Annual Domestic Abuse Conference
- Offer life skills and personal safety advice to over 1000 young people each year through Crucial Crew events.
- Anti-social behaviour forum
- MAGPYE (Multi Agency Group for Prevention of Youth Exclusion) group dealing with vulnerable under 18s.
- Introduction of an Hatfield Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) in Central Hatfield town centre.
- Street Wardens patrolling key areas and safely collecting drugs related waste.
- Use of community payback to benefit local people and to demonstrate justice done.
- Sunflower drop-in centre for those wanting advice, information and support for anyone affected by domestic violence in Welwyn Hatfield.
- Positive Pathways project engaging young people who are at risk of, or are already, committing anti-social behaviour.
- Heads Up Youth Magazine.
- Operation Reprise dealing with noise.