Apply for homeless housing help
Contact us if you are homeless
If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless contact us as soon as possible.
We will make an appointment for you to meet with a Housing Options Officer.
This will usually be the same day if you have nowhere to stay that night.
What we need you to bring to your appointment
It will help us to help you more quickly if you can bring proof of:
- immigration status (a passport or other document that shows you have the right to live in the UK)
- identification for you and your family, such as a passport, birth certificate or driving licence
- why you have to leave your home (for example, eviction notice).
If possible, also bring proof of:
- income if you are losing your home for financial reasons (for example, bank statements, wage slips, proof of benefits)
- pregnancy (a letter from your doctor or midwife)
- medical conditions physical or mental health issues (a letter from your doctor or hospital).
What to expect at the appointment
We will explain how we can help and go through the process with you. We will ask questions about your situation and how you became homeless.
You will be given a lot of information so it can help to bring someone with you for support and to take notes.
What Happens Next?
We will assess your situation to see how we can help you.
If you have nowhere to live and we think you may qualify for help, we will provide you with emergency temporary housing. Then we make a decision about our longer term duty to you.
If we do not have a duty to house you, we will give you information and advice to help you find other housing.
If you disagree with our decision you can request a review .