Private tenants

Read the government guidance for anyone renting a home privately.

If you rent privately in the borough, including through a housing association, you can get free help from us.

The most common concerns we can help tenants with include:

  • Landlords not completing repairs
  • Dangerous or uncomfortable living conditions
  • Overcrowding
  • Illegal eviction

We have helped thousands of tenants feel safe and comfortable in their rented home.

Contact us for help if you are a private tenant

If you are concerned about the condition of your home, or treatment from your landlord contact us.

Telephone: 01707 357 672