How we consult about parking changes
We consult in different ways about changes to parking in the borough.
Types of Consultations
Initial and Design Stage Consultations
During this stage we ask people affected by parking proposals for their opinion about possible changes.
Some of the groups we may consult with are:
- churches, charities and other community organisations
- local councils
- Herts County Council
- police, fire and ambulance service
We publish a Notice of Intent in the Welwyn Hatfield Times and put notices in the roads affected.
Anyone can object to proposals at this stage. All objections are considered by a Cabinet Planning and Parking Panel in a public meeting, and make a recommendation to either:
- allow the proposed restrictions to be put in place as advertised
- amend the proposed restrictions (this can only be done if this makes the proposal less restrictive)
- stop the proposed restrictions from being put in place (in which case this may mean the consultation process will start again)