Parking Services Works Programme
We get many requests for parking restrictions and/or improvements. We add these to the Parking Services Investigation List for consideration for a future parking work programme.
Not every request can be considered due to:
- volume of requests from different households
- safety issues
- major developments that are taking place nearby.
The current works programme is below.
Request your road is considered for a parking consultation
If your road is not listed you can contact us to request it is considered for a future parking consultation (and possibility of restrictions) at email@example.com.
Current works programme
- Handside - ongoing since 2017, last area due to have restriction proposals advertised in March 2021, with objections considered in June 2021 at CPPP meeting
Restrictions introduced and now in monitoring period:
- Old Hatfield - Changes to restrictions started December 2020
- Part of Hatfield South West (Aldykes area) - restrictions introduced in 2020
- Essendon - Restrictions began on 17th May 2021, the area is now within a 6 month monitoring period for any further parking issues.
- Salisbury Village - Restrictions began on 17th May 2021, the area is now within a 6 month monitoring period for any further parking issues.
- Hatfield town centre (including multi-storey) - Restrictions began on 17th May 2021, the town centre car parks will be monitored during the next year to assess any parking demand or issues, including levels of parking demand from season ticket holders to ensure car park capacity is correct.
Intial Survey stage:
- Peartree - A survey ran March to April 2021, the results are currently being reviewed and considered, and due to a low response rate, the next steps will be carefully looked at.
- Ellenbrook - A survey ran March to May 2021 - the results are currently being reviewed to see what the majority of responses and residents voted to see. We will contact residents during Summer 2021 with the results and the next steps.
- College Lane, Hatfield, along Bishops Rise including High Dells, Northdown Road & Hill Top.
Work now completed:
- Hatfield Central - started in 2017, monitoring completed in 2020
- Hatfield East (The Ryde/Heyford Way/Birchwood) - monitoring completed in 2020
- Brookmans Park
- Welham Green