Parking Services Works Programme
We get many requests for parking restrictions and/or improvements. We add these to the Parking Services Investigation List for consideration for a future parking work programme.
Not every request can be considered due to:
- volume of requests from different households
- safety issues
- major developments that are taking place nearby.
If your road/area is not listed you can request it is considered for a future parking consultation. A new works programme covering 2024-2026 will be considered in late 2023.
Current works programme - Updated May 2023
On works programme 22/24:
- Hatfield South and East - Areas south and east of Hazel Grove, e.g. Garden Avenue, Travellers Lane and the Oxlease area will start a parking consultation in Summer 2023
- Howlands North - Areas including Blackthorn Road, Cole Green Lane will start a parking consultation in early 2024
- Peartree exc. Broadwater Crescent area - We have launched a new survey in March 2023 to ascertain if any parking issues are occuring, further updates in Summer 2023
- Hollybush North - Areas including Chequers, Cole Green Lane started a parking consultation in early 2023, and further updates in Summer 2023.
- Sherrards - A parking consultation survey occured October 2022 - December 2022 - residents will be updated in Summer 2023 with the next proposed steps.
- Robin Hood Lane - A consultation started in January 2023, further updates in Summer 2023.
- Pine Grove - A consultation started in January 2023, further updates in Summer 2023.
Parking restrictions proposed and in objection stage:
- None at this time
Objection stage closed and awaiting consideration:
- None at this time
Restrictions agreed and awaiting introduction:
- Hatfield Rise - High View development - Planned to start later in 2023
- College Lane, Hatfield, along Bishops Rise including High Dells, Northdown Road and Hill Top - Starting Monday 19th June 2023
Restrictions introduced and now in monitoring period:
- Parking Consultation for Campus West Car Park – Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council (welhat.gov.uk)
- Hatfield town centre (including multi-storey) - The town centre car parks will be monitored during the next year
- Ellenbrook - Restrictions started on 4 July 2022 - review period ongoing until 12th March 2023, updates in Summer 2023.
- Peartree1 - Area including Broadwater Crescent
Work completed since 2017:
- Brookmans Park
- Welham Green
- Handside - Consultation had been ongoing since 2016, last area due to have restriction proposals advertised in March 2021, with objections considered in June 2021 at CPPP meeting. A small amount of remedial works were completed in June 2022
- Essendon - Restrictions began on 17 May 2021
- Salisbury Village - Restrictions began on 17 May 2021