Parking Services Works Programme
We get many requests for parking restrictions and/or improvements. We add these to the Parking Services Investigation List for consideration for a future parking work programme.
Not every request can be considered due to:
- volume of requests from different households
- safety issues
- major developments that are taking place nearby.
If your road/area is not listed you can contact us to request it is considered for a future parking consultation (and possibility of restrictions) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current works programme
- Peartree exc. Broadwater Crescent area - We are currently re-assessing survey results to ascertain if any roads are in favour of parking restrictions to control parking Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - Peartree (welhat.gov.uk)
- Sherrards - A parking consultation survey will start in this ward in Summer/Autumn 2022
- Hatfield South & Oxlease - Areas south and east of Hazel Grove, e.g. Garden Avenue, Travellers Lane and the Oxlease area will start a consultation in late 2022/early 2023
- Hollybush North - Areas including Chequers, Cole Green Lane will start a parking consultation in 2023/24
- Howlands North - Areas including Blackthorn Road, Cole Green Lane will start a parking consultation in 2023/24
- Pine Grove (Brookmans Park) will start a parking consultation in 2023/24 once above projects have been progressed
- The Common & Robin Hood Lane (Hatfield) - a consultation will start in 2023/24 once above projects have been progressed
Parking restrictions proposed and in objection stage:
- Peartree1 - Area including Broadwater Crescent Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - Peartree - Area 1 (welhat.gov.uk)
Objection stage closed and awaiting consideration:
- Hatfield Rise - High View development Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - Hatfield Rise (welhat.gov.uk)
- College Lane, Hatfield, along Bishops Rise including High Dells, Northdown Road & Hill Top Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - College Lane & High Dells Parking Consultation (welhat.gov.uk) Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - Hilltop Parking Consultation (welhat.gov.uk)
Restrictions introduced and now in monitoring period:
- Hatfield town centre (including multi-storey) - The town centre car parks will be monitored during the next year
- Ellenbrook - Restrictions started on 4th July 2022 - residents are welcome to submit any comments or observations on the new restrictions until January 2023. Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council - Ellenbrook Parking Consultation (welhat.gov.uk)
Work now completed:
- Hatfield Central - started in 2017, monitoring completed in 2020
- Hatfield East (The Ryde/Heyford Way/Birchwood) - monitoring completed in 2020
- Brookmans Park
- Welham Green
- Handside - consultation had been ongoing since 2016, last area due to have restriction proposals advertised in March 2021, with objections considered in June 2021 at CPPP meeting. A small amount of remedial works were completed in June 2022.
- Old Hatfield - Changes to restrictions started December 2020
- Part of Hatfield South West (Aldykes area) - restrictions introduced in 2020
- Essendon - Restrictions began on 17th May 2021
- Salisbury Village - Restrictions began on 17th May 2021