Apply for planning permission
Planning application checklist
Before you submit an application please make sure you:
- have checked the requirements and what you need to submit
- supply all the necessary supporting information
- pay the appropriate fee
- use properly licensed Ordnance Survey plans. You can buy an accredited Map through the Planning Portal or National Map Centre.
- have drawn up your plans (include horizontal and vertical sliding scales, drawing numbers and paper size). View Maps, Plans & Planning Applications: What to Submit for details.
- employ an architect registered with the Architects Registration Board (if you need one)
- have checked whether you need a design and access statement
- have given notice to the land owner (if this is not you)
- have checked planning considerations and how they may affect your plans.