Apply for pre-application advice
What information you need to provide (householders)
Before you ask for advice you can find out what our policies are and take them into account in your plans.
It might be useful to consider:
- previous planning decisions at your site
- our Local Plan and other planning policy documents.
- who might be affected by what you want to do and talk to them about your plans
The more information you give us about what you want to do, the more valuable and precise our advice will be.
There is a pre-application advice form to help you apply for advice. You will need:
- clear address for the site, preferably with the postcode
- brief description of what you want to do such as a 'two storey rear extension'
- confirmation of the advice level you require
- plans of what you want to do, drawn to metric scale, preferably no bigger than A3 with a scale bar on each page
- a fee to cover our costs of providing your advice
To get the best out of the service we suggest you also send us more detailed information where you can, such as:
- scaled plan showing where your proposal would be on the site
- photographs showing the key features of the site with the directions shown on the plan above.