Brownfield Land Register
The register lists all of the brownfield (previously-developed) sites in Welwyn Hatfield, if:
- they are larger than 0.25 hectares or,
- with a capacity of 5 or more dwellings,
- and would be suitable for development and have a prospect of coming forward within a 15-year period.
The Register is prepared in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017.
There are two parts to the register:
- Part 1 is mandatory, and lists all brownfield sites which meet the requirements above
- Part 2 is optional, and allows planning authorities to grant Permission in Principle (PiP) to any site on Part 1 of the register. A grant of PiP establishes the acceptability of development on a site, although this process still requires developers to submit a subsequent Technical Details Consent prior to starting work in order to consider issues such as design and parking.
Tell us about a brownfield site
If you are a landowner or agent wishing to promote a site for inclusion on the Brownfield Land Register, contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01707 357 532. Promoted sites will be considered for inclusion in the next review of the Brownfield Land Register.
View the register