Report problem with a council maintained tree

Trees on private land

We are unable to assist with tree problems on private land and you should contact the landowner to resolve the problem.

We do not have any enforcement powers for tree on private land unless the tree is:

  • in a conservation or Welwyn Garden City Estate Management area
  • protected by a Tree Protection Order (TPO) or a planning condition.

Check if a tree is covered by a TPO, Conservation Area, or Estate Managment Area on our map

Check if a tree is covered by a planning condition on our planning portal

Carrying out work to these trees without our permission is an offence, which can result in a fine.