Advertising and graffiti
It is an offence to display some advertising without consent from us. Advertising includes large poster hoardings, house nameplates, and temporary advertisements for an event or activity.
Check which advertising needs consent
Check our guide for advertisers to find out if consent is needed.
You may also need to consent to display signs in Welwyn Garden City under the Welwyn Garden City Estate Management Scheme.
If you own or occupy a commercial building the Welwyn Garden City Guide to Shopfront and Advertisement Design gives advice about:
- external alterations to shop fronts
- and new or replacement adverts and signs.
Report illegal signs
- Report signs, hoardings or banners displayed on private land without consent using the Planning Enforcement Investigation Form
- Report fly-posting on public land by contacting us.
- Report fly-posting, hoardings, banners and signs on the highway, public roads and footpaths to Hertfordshire County Council.