Advertising and graffiti


Graffiti is the illegal drawing of images, words or slogans in public places.

We may be able to issue a fine or even prosecute those responsible.

Illegal graffiti on private property should be reported to the owner as it is their responsibility to clear-up. If you are not able to contact them, let us know and we may be able to serve notice on the owners/occupiers of land to remove it.

Report graffiti

You will need to tell us:

  • a description of the graffiti
  • the location of the graffiti
  • any images or documents*

*These are not required but will help us identify the graffiti.

Graffiti on privately owned street furniture, such as telephone boxes, bus shelters, railways and media boxes should be reported to the owner or utility company:

Contact or visit Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council

Address: Council Offices
Campus East
Welwyn Garden City

Telephone: 01707 357 000