Preventing fly-tipping

Everyone has a legal 'duty of care' to ensure your household or business waste is disposed of correctly.

You can be prosecuted even if your waste is fly-tipped by someone else on your behalf.

How to get rid of your rubbish

Waste carriers

If you:

  • employ someone to remove rubbish from your home or place of business
  • employ a builder to work on your home

you must check they are licensed to carry waste or that they use a licensed waste carrier to remove the waste.

Excess recycling and waste

You can take excess recycling and wate to a Household Waste Recycling Centre.

There are also local recycling banks for smaller items.

Removing large items (bulky waste)

You can book a bulky household waste collection to collect household items you cannot fit in your bin.

You can find out more about preventing fly-tipping at Lets SCRAP fly-tipping.