* this will open the NSL parking permits website in a new window
How to pay for a car park season ticket
Once you have opened the link to the NSL parking permits website (above), please follow the steps below to complete your application.
- Create an account
- Click 'Apply for a permit'
- In 'Permit Category' choose 'WGC Car Park Season Ticket'
- In 'Street Name' select 'Car Park - Season Tickets'
- Choose the car park you wish to park in from the property name box
- Enter your postcode and click 'Search'
- Choose the type of season ticket in 'Permit Type'**
- Select the 'Pay now' option in payment method box, then click on 'Register a New Vehicle'
- Input your vehicle details (you do not need to upload a proof of vehicle and can ignore this prompt box) these details must be correct to ensure your ticket is valid
- Choose the duration you wish to buy your season ticket for
- Read the terms and conditions and click on 'Apply'
- Input your payment card details to complete your application
- You will receive an automated email to confirm we have received your application.
It may take up to two working days to process your application, you will then receive an automated email to confirm your season ticket has been approved. Your season ticket is only valid once this email has been received.
Updating your vehicle details
If your registration details change you will need to log in to the permit system to update your vehicle details before you park to ensure your season ticket is still valid.
**Please note the following advice in relation to Permit Type
Worker/Student season tickets
To qualify for a Worker/Student season tickets you must be working, studying or living within the boundaries of the Town Centre e.g. Howardsgate, Stonehills, Fretherne Road, Parkway and College Way.
You will need to upload a copy of one of the following:
- a headed letter or email from the manager of where you work, confirming you work in the Town Centre
- a header letter or email from the head of a college confirming you are a local student
- a recent utility or council tax bill showing you live within the Town Centre
Working or living outside of the Town Centre
If you live or work outside of the Town Centre, please select the 'Commuter' option.