* this will open the NSL parking permits website in a new window
How to pay for a car park season ticket
Once you have opened the link to the NSL parking permits website (above), please follow the steps below to complete your application.
- Create an account in the name of the driver of the vehicle being applied for. One season ticket per permit account.
- Open the email sent to you to create a password then log into account
- Click 'Apply for a permit' at the top of the page
- In 'Permit Category' choose 'Car Park Season Ticket'
- In 'Street Name' select 'Car Park - Season Tickets'
- Choose the name of the car park you wish to park in from the property name box. The season ticket is valid for one car park only.
- Enter your business/residential postcode and click 'Search'
- Choose the type of season ticket in 'Permit Type'**
- Upload any documents prompted
- Select the 'Pay now' option in payment method box, then click on 'Register a New Vehicle'
- Input your vehicle details you will need to upload a proof of vehicle such as log book or insurance schedule at this stage - these details must be correct to ensure your ticket is valid. The season ticket is also limited to one registration.
- Choose the duration you wish to buy your season ticket for
- Read the terms and conditions and click on 'Apply'
- Input your payment card details to complete your application
- You will receive an automated email to confirm we have received your application.
It can take up to two working days to process your application, you will then receive an automated email to confirm your season ticket has been approved. Your season ticket is only valid once the approval email has been received. We will then send an email 1 month before season ticket expiry inviting you to renew.
Updating your vehicle details
If your registration details change you will need to log in to the permit system to update your vehicle details before you park to ensure your season ticket is still valid.
**Please note the following advice in relation to Permit Type
Worker/Student season tickets
To qualify for a Worker/Student season tickets you must be working, studying or living within the boundaries of the Town Centre e.g. Howardsgate, Stonehills, Fretherne Road, Parkway and College Way.
You will need to upload a copy of one of the following:
- a headed letter or email from the manager of where you work, confirming you work in the Town Centre
- a header letter or email from the head of a college confirming you are a local student
- a recent utility or council tax bill showing you live within the Town Centre
And will also need to upload a copy of one of the following:
- vehicle log book
- vehicle insurance schedule
The following roads are defined as being "within" the town centres:
Welwyn Garden City:
Parkway (The Campus-Church Road)
Dog Kennel Lane
Robin Hood Lane
Working or living outside of WGC Town Centre
If you live or work outside of the boundary of Welwyn Garden City Town Centre, please select the 'Commuter' option. There is no commuter season ticket available in Hatfield car parks to ensure parking is available for local workers, town centre residents and shoppers.