Information for Council flat leaseholders

Building insurance for your leasehold flat

We arrange buildings insurance for your property which is paid for through your service charge.

The policy is renewed every year and you can view the summary of cover.

It is important you read your buildings insurance terrms and conditions, especially what isn't included (found on page 8).

This insurance does not cover the contents of your home. You need to arrange your own contents insurance.


Make a claim

The insurance cover is provided by Protector Insurance.

Claims should be notified to Sedgewick international, during office hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday to your dedicated claim line: 0161 823 1912 or via email.


Keeping your buildings insurance costs low

If more people make a claim on the buildings insurance the yearly cost of your inusurance may rise.

If you or your neighbour's property gets damaged you must act straight away to try and minimise the damage.


Water leaks from washing machines

This is a common cause of insurance claims. It is important to get a plumber to install your washing machine correctly.


Weather damage

Prevent pipes from freezing by programming your central heating to come on regularly.

Report any missing roof tiles, blocked or overflowing guttering and drains to the Property Services Team.