Leasehold Service Charge actual details

Buildings insurance

The building you live in is owned by the Council and as a requirement of your lease your landlord is responsible for insuring it and the cost of doing so is recharged to you as a service charge.

The Building Insurance covers the communal elements of the building which are the Council's responsibility to maintain. These include the structure, the exterior and the services and installations of the block.

The amount charged is based on the size of your property.

Please note that this does not cover contents and therefore we would suggest that each homeowner obtain a home contents insurance policy as part of a private arrangement.