Making changes to applications for council housing (Housing Needs Register)
Adding or removing people on your council housing application
Change from a sole to a joint application (add people to your application)
- If you are not a council (or Registered Provider) tenant and want to make joint applicant with another non-tenant, we will reassess your application and update it to include the other applicant.
- If you are already a council (or Registered Provider) tenant we will reassess your application and update it to include the new joint applicant.
- If you are both already registered on the Housing Needs Register we will reassess both applications, keep and update the application which has the highest priority, and cancel the other.
Change from a joint to sole application (remove people from your application)
If you want to end a joint tenancy application (for example in the event of a relationship breakdown) the main applicant will normally keep the original application number.
- We will then ask you complete a change of circumstances form so that the application can be updated and reassessed.
- The other applicant will be taken off the original application and complete a new Housing Needs Register application.
- We will assess their new application and confirm the band and banding date.