Support if you are at risk of becoming homeless
Housing Advice Appointments
We can give free and confidential advice if you have a housing problem, are homeless or are threatened with homelessness.
We will work with you to find a solution:
- arrange an appointment with you
- ask you questions about your circumstances and look at any documents you have
- explore your options
- offer advice
- draft a plan of actions needed called a 'housing plan'
The more information you can give us about your situation the sooner we will be able to help.
What to bring to your appointment
You should bring proof of:
- immigration status (a passport or other document that shows you have the right to live in the UK)
- why you have to leave your home (for example, eviction notice)
If possible, it would also be helpful to bring proof of:
- income if you are losing your home for financial reasons (for example, bank statements, wage slips, proof of benefits)
- children (for example, child benefit or tax credit letter and birth certificates)
- pregnancy (a letter from your doctor or midwife)