Support if you are at risk of becoming homeless

Housing help for Armed Forces Veterans

Helping former members of the Armed Forces is a priority for us. We have signed the Hertfordshire Community Covenant.

This means anyone serving in the armed forces (currently or within the last five years), can apply for council housing without having to demonstrate a local connection to the borough.


Apply for help with housing or homelessness

Contact us to apply for help.

You will need to complete a short form so we can direct you to help and support.

We will then assess your situation. If you are homeless or at risk homelessness we will provide you with a personalised housing plan. This plan will set out the steps to help you with housing.


More help for Veterans

We work with the organisations below to prevent and relieve homelessness for serving and former members of the armed forces and their families.


Contact the Housing Needs Team

Contact us for help with homelessness, to arrange a Housing Advice Appointment or apply for the Rent Deposit Scheme.

Address: Council Offices
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City

Telephone: 01707 357 613