Apply for a House of Multiple Occupation Licence
Renew or change a House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licence
Renew a licence
HMO licences are valid for up to five years and you will need to renew them after this time. There are penalties for not having a valid licence.
You will need to provide:
- a fully completed and signed application form
- all required documents (as outlined in the application form) you can check to see how regularly they should be renewed
- the full licence fee
* opens a link to the GOV.UK website in an new window
Change a licence
It is free to ammend a licence but you must tell us about any changes to:
- the licence holder or manager (including change of address)
- the number of people on your licence (we will need to carry out an inspection to check on room sizes and amenities)
To make a change to your licence email email@example.com.
You can not transfer a licence and you will need to apply for a new licence if the licence holder changes.