Temporary and occasional use notices

Temporary use notice

If you are a licensed gambling operator you can apply for Temporary use notices (TUN)  to run occasional gambling activities. You will not need a premises licence.

This may include:

  • hotels
  • conference centres
  • sporting venues

The gambling activties can not take place for more than 21 days in any 12 month period.

Apply for a temporary use notice:

Complete the Temporary use notice for premises application and return it to the Licensing Team.

Occasional use notices

You may be able to apply for an occasional use notice for on track betting, if it takes place for eight days or less in a calendar year.

Apply for an occasional track use notice:

Complete the Occasional track use notice application and return it to the Licensing Team.

Licensing Team

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Campus East
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City