You need a premises licence to run a premises-based gambling business, for example, a betting shop, bingo hall or arcade.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have the right to occupy the premises
- be over 18
- have an operating licence allowing you to carry out gambling
We can only issue you with a premises licence once you have an operating licence.
Apply for a Premises Licence
You will need to:
- pay the
Notify the authorities
You must notify the authorities below within seven days of applying for a premises licence:
- Gambling Commission
- HM Revenue & Customs
- your local Chief of Police
- your local Fire and Rescue Service
- your local environmental health department
- your local planning authority your local licensing authority child protection service
You should do this by completing a Notice of application.
Renew a Premises licence
You should renew your licence each year.
Make an annual payment to renew your premises licence.