Apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant
What the grant is for and who can apply
The Disabled Facility Grant (DFG) funds essential work to make a home accessible for someone who is elderly, ill or disabled.
It can be used for adaptation work to make a home accessible for a child or adult.
It is often used for:
- wheelchair access to your home
- stair lift and wet room installation
We will also consider funding any other adaptations that are necessary and appropriate. We take into account the age and condition of the property.
We also try to make sure the work improves the energy efficiency of the home wherever possible.
How much the grant is for
Grants are available up to £30,000 but our funds are limited.
Who is eligible to apply:
- you must be an owner occupier, private tenant or landlord
- it must be for essential work to make a home accessible for someone who is elderly, ill or disabled
- applications for adults are subject to a financial assessment (means test)
- applications for children are not means tested.