Comment on a planning application
What should not be included in comments
Comments on the planning register must not:
- Contain any personal names, please use words such as applicant, neighbour, etc.
- Contain any personal information such as you're living on your own, you're on holiday next week etc.
- Contain any information relating to medical data for yourself or others; this is unlawful for us to process
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexuality orientation, or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate anyone, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with anyone
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case, or;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only), copyright infringement or computer misuse.
If comments are offensive, inflammatory or libellous they won't be considered by the Case Officer. Your representation may be returned to you, or edited by us before it is published.