Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register

Consented Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Plots

We do not formally support any commercial body or organisation delivering self-build or custom build housing.

We respectfully request that you please do not contact us when seeking further information regarding these developments. All sales and preliminary enquiries are being dealt with by the companies and information can be sought by contacting the commercial bodies or organisations directly.

Land South of Northaw Road East, Cuffley

Bellway Homes is offering 3 custom build plots at Land South of Northaw Road East (also known as Land to the North East of King George V Playing Fields, Northaw Road East) in Cuffley. This site has been granted Reserved Matters under application number 6/2022/1774/RM.

The three serviced plots are 2-bedroom houses (875sqft) in a terraced row, with two end terrace properties and one mid terrace property available. To find out more information on the plots, please contact Bellway Homes:

Website –

Telephone – 01707 502340

Land to North East of Welwyn Garden City

In February 2020, an outline planning permission was granted for a residential-led development of up to 650 homes on the edge of Welwyn Garden City (6/2018/0873/OUTLINE), which includes provision of 6 self-build plots.

Whilst these plots have not yet come to the market, Homes England has acquired the site and is working to accelerate delivery at the site.

Roundhouse Farm, Land Off of Bullens Green Lane, Colney Heath

In June 2021, an outline planning permission was granted at appeal (6/2020/2248/OUTLINE) at a site in Colney Heath for up to 100 dwellings, including the provision of 10 self-build plots.

The site falls within both Welwyn Hatfield and St Albans. A further reserved matters application (6/2022/0824/RM) has recently been granted in relation to this site, which indicates that 5 of the self-build plots would fall within Welwyn Hatfield and 5 within St Albans.

More information about the Self-build Register

Contact the Planning Policy Team if you have questions about the Self-build Register.