Making improvements or alterations to your council home
What is an alteration or improvement
Any improvements and alterations which fall outside of our usual repairs and planned improvement will need to be paid for by you.
We will not contribute towards the cost of any improvement or alteration.
- replacing a fixture or fitting with one of a similar standard
- removing an existing fixture or fitting
- removing or replacing any of the existing fabric of the building, its grounds or boundaries.
- replacing a fixture or fitting with one that, in our opinion, is of a higher standard
- installing a new feature within the property where there wasn't one before - a new shower for example
- extending the property in some way, such as adding a conservatory or porch for example.