Making improvements or alterations to your council home

Apply for permission to make an alteration or improvement

Apply for permission if you would like to alter or make improvements to your home using the link below.

We usually grant permission as long as your request meets our requirements.

Before you apply

Check what improvements and alterations you need permission for.

Check what other permissions you need to get.

Check what you need to know before you apply.

Apply for permission

You will need to tell us:

  • the type of alteration you're making
  • any supporting documentation (including plans)
  • your contact details
  • for any gas or electrical works, you will need your contractor's registration details.

We may ask for further sketches, plans and other specifications if needed.

Start an application