Your compliments, comments and complaints help us to meet your standards.
If you think that we've done something wrong we'd like to know. Also if you think we've done something right it's nice to hear. All your comments, compliments and complaints will help us improve our services.
What we will do
- acknowledge your complaint within three working days by letter or email
- write a full response within 10 working days if the problem cannot be resolved immediately, either when you call or when meeting with an officer
- update you every 15 working days regarding progress if the problem is complex.
The complaints process
- Please try to settle your issue with the employee you are dealing with. If this is not possible, you can ask to speak to their manager.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue, you can complain online, in person, in writing or by telephone.
- Your complaint will be investigated by the relevant manager.
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can ask for it to be looked at by the relevant Head of Service, Corporate Director or Chief Executive. You can do this by emailing or writing to us.
Taking a complaint further
If you have exhausted all the stages of the council's procedures and are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman - an independent body which will look into your complaint about the council. The Ombudsman will do this only if you have given us a chance to deal with the complaint first.
To find out more visit the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website.
We monitor our customer feedback to help us design services to meet our customer's changing needs and to make sure our complaints procedure is accessible to all. Therefore we will now ask you some diversity questions when you pass us a complaint, compliment or comment. The questions are not compulsory and all information provided is used in the strictest confidence and only for statistical purposes. We do not pass your information on to other organisations.
Customer Service Strategy 2018-21
Find out more about how we intend to achieve our ambitions for delivering customer service excellence in our Customer Service Strategy for 2018-21, Customer First.