The information we need from you when making a pre-application advice enquiry.
We want to give you the best advice we can. By doing some work before you ask for advice you can find out what the council's policies are and take them into account in your plans.
You may also find it helpful to do some research into previous planning decisions at your site and look at the policies we use to assess applications. They are in our Local Plan and other planning policy documents. We also suggest you think about who might be affected by what you want to do and talk to them about your plans
The more information you give us about what you want to do, the more valuable and precise our advice will be. A pre-application advice form has been prepared for assistance although requests for this service will be accepted without one. The following information is required when you ask for advice and cannot accept further plans and documents later:
- clear address for the site, preferably with the postcode
- brief description of what you want to do — a 'two storey rear extension'
- confirmation of the advice level you require
- plans of what you want to do, drawn to metric scale, preferably no bigger than A3 with a scale bar on each page
- a fee to cover our costs of providing your advice
To get the best out of the service we suggest you also send us more detailed information where you can, such as
- scaled plan showing where your proposal would be on the site
- photographs showing the key features of the site with the directions shown on the plan above.