Information and records management policy
WHBC will manage its records to ensure that:
- Records are managed in accordance with current professional standards.
- Records are managed in accordance with current legislation.
- Records management practices are compatible with corporate policies.
- Records are accessible to officers to support them in making informed and proper judgements in the course of their work.
- Records are accessible to the public in accordance with the Council’s Publication Scheme and in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 2018, Environmental Information Regulations 2004, ReUse of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- Records are kept securely and protected as far as possible from accidental or deliberate loss or destruction.by any means.
- Records are maintained in a secure environment with good conditions for their physical preservation and storage and which allows access as needed.
- Records are kept in accordance with the schedule for retention and disposal having regard to legal requirements and recognised good practice.
- All staff are aware of their obligations in respect of the filing, retention and disposal of records.