Information and records management policy
Creating and keeping records
Each service area must have a record keeping system in place (paper or electronic) that documents its activities and provides for quick and easy retrieval of information and records. It must also take into account the legal and regulatory environment specific to its own area of work. The system should include:
- Records arranged and indexed in such a way that they can be retrieved quickly and efficiently.
- Procedures for keeping the system updated
- The ability to cross reference paper and electronic records
- Documentation on the system and its use.
- Procedures and guidelines for referencing, titling, version control and security marking