Anti-social behaviour strategy
Achieve safer communities through preventing anti-social behaviour and taking action that is proportionate and timely.
Prevention is crucial to developing safe and sustainable communities and early intervention can prevent ASB from escalating. We will;
- Work with partners under the Community Safety Partnership to develop and support communityled preventative and diversionary activities, especially in response to youth ASB.
- Reduce the opportunity for crime and ASB by being proactive with mobile patrols, participating in Community Involvement Days (CID), targeting hotspots areas with the PSPO and making use of CCTV.
- Make use of the Neighbourhood Improvement Bid scheme to design out areas where ASB and crime is taking place.
- Develop a mediation service to assist with neighbour disputes.
- Engage with residents in a meaningful and consistent way to re-enforce responsible behaviour and take prompt and effective action where necessary.
- Enhance our role within the Families First Cohort to identify families and young people with emerging needs, especially around crime and ASB.
- Engage meaningfully with partners and the community to address Borough wide youth ASB, designing out areas to prevent incidents reoccurring and taking appropriate enforcement action when necessary.