Planning Inspectorate Virtual Meetings
The points below explain the personal data that we will be processing specifically for a Virtual Hearing.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council's privacy notice, and the Planning Inspectorate's,Customer Privacy Notice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk), Privacy Notices are to be read in conjunction with this amendment. The amendment sets out how we will change our data collection and the processing of that data in order to run a Virtual Hearing.
Please note that when joining a Virtual Hearing on certain digital devices or by phone, other parties may be able to see the email address or phone number that you use to join the event. There are some well-established methods that you can use to avoid the un-intended disclosure of your personal information.
What will be collected?
- E-mail address
- Phone number (if a participant joins by phone)
- IP address
- Display Name
- Self-Image - If video is shared
- A video recording of the event will be collected by Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council for this specific event.
Email addresses are not required to be collected to join the meeting. Only the Meeting ID and Password is required for joining. A display name is collected and an image is only used if the user is already logged into a Zoom account of their own, at that point they have already agreed to Zoom's Terms and Conditions.
Phone numbers will be censored so the middle section is not shown, example: 073****4123. The host will replace this with their names when they join, when a list is provided.
How is it collected?
- E-mail address requested in event invite.
- Phone numbers - If the participant joins by phone, then your phone number would be visible to all participants (this can be masked by the individual by turning off Caller ID, generally known as dialling 141) in which case a random number is displayed.
- IP address - Connections to Zoom will capture the IP address of the participant.
- Display Name - This is collected from the participants joining details
- Self-Image - This is collected when the participant activates their camera
- A video recording of the event - This is collected when the participant activates their microphone and/ or camera.
- Welwyn Hatfield Council will be hosting the event using Zoom technology and we will be live streaming the event on the day. An offline copy will be stored on our encoder and the video is available via the microsite for download. It will be archived for 6 months unless it is extended. The microsite is provided by a third-party Public-i. If a memory stick is provided a copy of the MP4 files can be given.
What metadata will be taken from joining?
zoom.us/privacy provides details of the personal data processed and how it is used, and the legal basis justification. For guest participants, the device type and IP address of the user is collected which is required for operations.
Where will it be stored?
Back-office and live video/audio is handled by Zoom's own (In our case European) servers and is also supported by Oracle Cloud. Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council has limited the account to Europe. Users can confirm what region they are connected to by clicking the "i" icon in the top right of the meeting. Zoom previously used Amazon AWS to store data, however they have since moved to their own Private Cloud infrastructure by Oracle Cloud more information on their GDPR policy is here:
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council does not use any of our own technology or storage for the creation and presentation, or collection of cookies or web-beacon analytics. These will not be collected during this event.