Pet Policy for Council Housing

Before permission is given to keep a pet

Details of the pet and substitute pet carer must be provided to the council on request. The details required include:

• Type of animal.

• Breed.

• If a caged/tanked animal - the location within the home it will be kept, and whether it requires mains electricity.

• Details of pets already in your home.

• Any others on the pet policy.

To gather these details, the council will provide a ‘Request to keep a Pet’ form for you to complete.