How to bid on a council housing property
Making a bid
You can bid for as many properties you are interested in at a time, if you are eligible for them.
The advert for the property will tell you who is eligible.
You will mainly bid yourself but in some cases we might bid for you.
After you make a bid
After you bid on a property we add you to a shortlist.
Then we check:
- the details of your application are accurate
- if you are eligible for the property
- which priority band you are in
- your circumstances have not changed
- your current rent account
- the condition of your property
- if your conduct as a tenant is satisfactory
- if you have any support issues that require a support plan
If you are an approved bidder, we will also check if the bid made is within the criteria we have agreed.