Parking Services Works Programme
We get many requests for parking restrictions and/or improvements. We add these to the Parking Services Investigation List for consideration for a future parking work programme.
Not every request can be considered due to:
- volume of requests from different households
- safety issues
- major developments that are taking place nearby.
If your road/area is not listed you can request it is considered for a future parking consultation. A new works programme covering 2024-2026 will be considered in late 2023.
Current works programme - Updated September 2023
On works programme 22/24:
- Hatfield South and East - Areas south and east of Hazel Grove, e.g. Garden Avenue, Travellers Lane and the Oxlease area will start a parking consultation in Summer 2023
- Howlands North - Areas including Blackthorn Road, Cole Green Lane will start a parking consultation in early 2024
- Peartree exc. Broadwater Crescent area - We have assessd survey results further updates in September 2023
- Hollybush North - Areas including Chequers, Cole Green Lane started a parking consultation in early 2023, and further updates in Autumn 2023.
- Sherrards - A feedback stage is ongoing for most of Sherrards except Walden/Blakemere Road and The Vineyard.
Parking restrictions proposed and in objection stage:
- Robin Hood Lane - Objections close Friday 22nd September 2023
- Pine Grove - Objections close Friday 22nd September 2023
- Sherrards - A proposed permit zone A02 in Blakemere Road, Walden Road, Walden Place and The Orchard - objections close 8th September 2023
- Parking Consultation for Campus West Car Park – Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council (welhat.gov.uk) - Kennelwood Lane car park objections close 8th September 2023
Objection stage closed and awaiting consideration:
- None at this time
Restrictions agreed and awaiting introduction:
- Hatfield Rise - High View development - Planned to start later in 2023
Restrictions introduced and now in monitoring period:
- Parking Consultation for Campus West Car Park – Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council (welhat.gov.uk)
- Hatfield town centre (including multi-storey) - The town centre car parks will be monitored during the next year
- Ellenbrook - Restrictions started on 4 July 2022 - review period ongoing until 12th March 2023, updates iAutumn 2023.
- Peartree1 - Area including Broadwater Crescent
- College Lane, Hatfield, along Bishops Rise including High Dells, Northdown Road and Hill Top - Started Monday 19th June 2023. Review survey open 18th September 2023
Work completed since 2017:
- Brookmans Park
- Welham Green
- Salisbury Village