Aids and adaptations policy
2.1 The key objectives of this Aids and Adaptations Policy are:
- To set out the scope of the service in providing aids and adaptations and the criteria by which the council will assess all requests for aids and adaptation work.
- To support the needs of disabled tenants in providing adaptations where reasonably practical to do so and subject to the provision of available funding.
- To have regard to the council’s duty to manage its housing stock effectively and to make best use of its stock, through the council’s Housing, Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy, Asset Management Strategy and Housing Delivery Strategy 2019-2025.
- To optimise the use of resources for aids and adaptations, having regard for value for money at all times.
- To comply with legal and statutory requirements in relation to the provision of disabled adaptations.
- To deliver a high quality aids and adaptations service where there are clear channels of communication and established joint working practices with partners.