Aids and adaptations policy


5.1 A person must be a Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council tenant and they, their partner or a member of their immediate family who is permanently resident in the household and has an impairment that is likely to last for at least 12 months or for the remainder of the person’s life, that substantially affects their ability to carry out normal day to day activities or access facilities in or around their home. 

5.2 If a person does not live in a Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council owned property and are not a council tenant, their initial enquiry should be directed to the Council’s Private Sector Housing Team who facilitate all adaptation referrals for owner occupiers, housing association and private landlord tenants.