Formulation of this policy
4.1 This policy statement is based upon the Act and takes account of Department of Culture, Media and Sport Guidance (revised April 2018) to local authorities.
4.2 The Act requires the Council to review its Licensing Policy every 5 years. In determining its Licensing policy, the Council will have regard to any Guidance issued by central government [including that under section 182 of the Act] and guidance from other regulatory bodies to ensure that its actions are consistent with those nationally. To further ensure consistency, the Licensing authorities of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire will meet as necessary to ensure a degree of consistency is being achieved throughout the two counties.
4.3 There are a number of groups who have a stake in the leisure industry, including providers, customers, residents and enforcers. All will have views and potential concerns that require the Council’s consideration before policy decisions are taken.
4.4 Therefore, before determining its policy for any five-year period, the Council will consult all persons stipulated in the Act as requiring consultation, namely:
- The Chief Police Officer of the Hertfordshire Constabulary;
- The Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service;
- Each primary care trust or local health board
- Such persons the Council considers as being representatives of the holders of Premises Licences issued by the Council;
- Such persons the Council considers as being representatives of the holders of Personal Licences issued by the Council;
- Such persons the Council considers as being representatives of the holders of Club Premises Certificates issued by the Council;
- Such persons the Council considers as being representatives of the businesses in its area;
- Such persons the Council considers as being representatives of the residents in its area.
4.5 Additionally the Council will consult other individuals and representatives of groups, as it deems appropriate. A list of all those consulted may be found in Appendix A.
4.6 The Council will give proper weight to the views of all parties consulted prior to this policy statement being adopted and taking effect on.